- Select, train, supervise, discipline and council associates that work in the kitchen.
- Coordinate activities and direct training of Chefs, Cooks and service personnel engaged in preparing, cooking and serving foods to ensure efficient and profitable food service.
- Direct and participate in planning menus and utilization of food surplus and leftovers.
- Schedule kitchen staff according to business levels.
- Maintain inventory; estimate food consumption and purchase or requisition food and non-food items necessary for kitchen operation.
- Review menus; analyze recipes; determine food labor and overhead costs to ensure economical and timely production.
- Direct and correct the presentation and portioning of food according to Old Alcohol Plant standards.
- Confer with General Manager and Restaurant Supervisor to coordinate policy and procedures between kitchen and dining areas.
- Active in local associations that promotes and supports tourism.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to create signature moments for our guests.
- Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- Formal Culinary Art Training.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in food preparation, presentation, purchasing, inventory control and kitchen policies and procedures.
- Professional, goal oriented and motivated.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Cater ease, Guest Track and electronic scheduling, and e-mail systems.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines.
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
- Develops effective working relationships with fellow associates, managers, owners and outside representatives and agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
- Executive Chef: 5 years